Warnings

  • For vaginal use only
  • Not for rectal (anal) use

Toxic Shock Syndrome:Some cases of Toxic Shock Syndrome (TSS) have been reported in women using barrier contraceptives, including the sponge. TSS is a rare, but serious disease that may cause death. Warning signs of TSS include fever, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, muscle pain, dizziness, faintness or a sunburn-like rash on face or body. If you have any of these signs, remove the sponge and get medical help right away.

Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) alert: This product does not protect against HIV/AIDS or other STDs and may increase the risk of getting HIV from an infected partner.

Do not use

  • within the first six weeks after giving birth
  • if you have ever had Toxic Shock Syndrome
  • during your menstrual period
  • if you or your sex partner has HIV/AIDS. If you do not know if you or your sex partner is infected, choose another form of birth control
  • if you are allergic to sulfites. This product contains sodium metabisulfite which may cause severe allergic reactions in some people
  • if you have ever had an allergic reaction to nonoxynol 9 or to this product

Ask a doctor before use if you have

  • recently had a miscarriage or an abortion
  • been told that you should not become pregnant
  • a vaginal or uterine condition, such as a vaginal septum or uterine prolapse, which may keep the product from working
  • a new partner, multiple sex partners, or unprotected sex. Frequent use (more than once a day) of this product can increase vaginal irritation, which may increase the risk of getting the HIV/AIDS virus or other STDs from infected partners.

When using this product

  • you may get vaginal irritation (burning, itching, or a rash)

Stop use and ask a doctor if

  • you or your partner get burning, itching, a rash, or other irritation of the vagina or penis
  • you or your partner have difficult or painful urination
  • you get abdominal pain, fever, chills, or foul-smelling vaginal discharge
  • you become pregnant

Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.